We've put in one place some of the most useful links we've found about all things cycling.
If you think we've missed a trick and should include a link that's not here, get in touch at email@example.com and we'll see what we can do.
- Bike Hub - Supporting the future of cycling.
- Bike Week - Bike Week is the UK's biggest mass participation cycling event, with almost half a million people participating at events across the country. The aim is to promote everyday cycling for everyone and to get more people cycling, more often.
- British Cycling - British Cycling is the internationally recognised governing body of cycling in the UK
- Campaign for Better Transport - transport that improves our quality of life and reduces our environmental impact
- Cities fit for Cycling Times campaign - Read The Times' 8 point manifesto for Cycling
- CTC - The UK's largest cycling charity, inspires and helps people to cycle and keep cycling, whatever kind of cycling they do or would like to do.
- Cyclenation - Federation of local cycle campaign groups
- Department for Transport - Information for local government, the transport sector, passengers and motorists. Lots of useful information from road safety and the highway code to the latest transport policies.
- Guardian Bike Blog - Interesting stories about all aspects of cycling.
- Highway Code - for cyclists.
- National Cycling Centre - More than just a cycling track - although primarily a cycling facility, the Manchester Velodrome offers first class facilities and services for other activities.
- National Cycling Network - If you're a cycle commuter, a leisure walker or a long-distance bike tourer - join the million-plus people that love using Sustrans' well-signed National Cycle Network every single day.
- National Trails - National Trails are long distance routes for walking, cycling and horse riding through the finest landscapes in England and Wales.
- Road.cc - the website for pedal powered people. Road cycling news, Bike reviews , Commuting, Leisure riding, Sportives and more.
- Roadpeace - A national charity for road crash victims, supporting those bereaved or injured, and working for road safety.
- Sustrans - Sustrans is a leading UK charity enabling people to travel by foot, bike or public transport for more of the journeys we make every day.
- Think Road Safety - Government's road safety website.
- The tour of Britain - Britain's equivalent of the Tour de France.
- Waterscape - Discover Britain's 4000 miles of rivers, lakes and canals
- Why Cycle? - Impartial advice for potential and new cyclists in the UK
- 20's Plenty - campaign for the implementation of 20 mph as the default speed limit on residential roads in the UK
District council cycling pages
Find about local routes, cycle groups & clubs, events and more.
- Bloomers Bike Project - Bloomers Bike Project is committed to promoting the benefits of bicycles to women as an energy-efficient, economical, non-polluting form of transportation, and as a healthy lifestyle choice, by providing access to affordable equipment and education in Manchester, UK.
- Cycling Projects - Promoting Cycling for all
- Cycle Stockport - Our aim is to become the Focal Point of all things Cycling in Stockport
- Friends of Fallowfield Loop Line - The Fallowfield Loop is an off-road cycle path, pedestrian and horse riding route from Chorlton-cum-Hardy through Fallowfield and Levenshulme to Gorton and Fairfield in Manchester. It is part of the National Cycle Network of routes and paths developed and built by Sustrans. The Fallowfield Loop is part of National Route 6 of the National Cycle Network which, when complete, will connect London and Keswick in Cumbria.
- Greater Manchester Cycling Campaign - The Greater Manchester Cycling Campaign is a voluntary group working to make cycling in Greater Manchester quicker, safer, easier and more enjoyable.
- I Bike Manchester - Whatever you do you should bike. Bike to school, bike to work... bike to places you never dreamt you could bike to.
- Love your bike - We aim to promote cycling and to help make it an attractive, accessible and fun way to get around. Cycling is far more than a leisure activity: it is the low-carbon transport of the future.
- Manchester Cycle Chic - Inspired by Copenhagen Cycle Chic, we want to show you that Manchester is also a city of citizen cyclists. We're not bothered about fashion trends, we're interesting in the variety of eyecatching cyclists in this city - whether they're riding fixed gear, Dutch-style upright or a Brompton. Maybe even if they're wearing Lycra.
- Merci - an independent charity working to turn ideas into action for a sustainable future - by this we mean a future that is greener, safer, healthier and equitable.
- Pedal Mcr - a not for profit co-operative dedicated to recycling bicycles, offering mechanical education and promoting bicycling by helping people of all ages and backgrounds to obtain, maintain, and repair bicycles
- The Spokes - are the UK's first and only all-woman all-bike-loving bicycle dance troupe. We love bicycles! We love to dance with bicycles, do tricks on them, ride in syncronisation
Click here to view local bike shops
Click here to view local clubs and groups
Back to cycling homepage